Some experimental magazine spreads using my illustrations as a base, with typography designed in Illustrator, then combined in InDesign. These designs were then mocked up with Photoshop for presentation.
Magazine layout for an article by Brian Cooley, adapted from Car and Driver. Using this illustration as a base.
Magazine layout for an opinion article by Tim Holbrook originially published on CNN, using this illustration as a base.
Daniel Castro Maia (he/him) is a Brazilian illustrator and designer based in Denver, CO. By day, Daniel is a graphic designer for Nectar Consulting. By night, he's a freelance illustrator. On weekends, he fights crime with the help of his cat sidekick. Here's proof. Daniel studied Illustration at California College of the Arts in San Francisco.
Thank you for stopping by!
The New York Times / POLITICO Europe / The Washington Post / Quanta Magazine / Fireside Fiction / Institutional Investor / The Real Deal Magazine / Hero Complex Gallery / The Fillmore / VinePair / + more.
- Society of Illustrators 63
- American Illustration 38, 39 Chosen
- 3X3 No. 16, No. 17, No. 18
- Creative Quarterly 55, 56, 57
- Communication Arts Interactive Annual 2019, Shortlist 2019-21
- Latin American Ilustración 7, 8 Selected
- Adobe Design Achievement Award 2019